If you want to learn self-defence, improve your health, calm your mind and focus, beat stress and learn skills that will enrich your life, you have come to the right place.
Tai Chi Chuan is an internal martial art meaning it is practised at the energetic and mind level. It is taught using a systematic approach consisting of 12 levels staring at the basics right up to master’s level, sparring and weapons. It is also a comprehensive fighting art which includes all the four main categories of attack including hitting, kicking, throwing and felling.
Courses are fun, interactive and development of positive life skills are emphasized.
Tai Chi Martial Art was set up by Sifu Dominic Roche to spread the wonderful benefits of Tai Chi Chuan and help people realise their full potential and live life to its fullest.
Sifu Dominic started his journey in Tai Chi Chuan over 11 years ago when he joined the Shaolin Wahnam School of Ireland under his teacher Sifu Joan Browne. He has trained Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan and Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung with his Sifu and also with his Sigung, Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit here in Ireland and Malaysia.
He has a keen interest in self-development and a passion for teaching skills to improve how people live and experience life.
The art of Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan
Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan is a complete martial art including the use of strikes, kicks, grips and throws. It is a development of Shaolin Kung Fu and is often described as poetry in motion. Tai Chi has become very popular and is often seen practised in parks as a graceful dance-like art which is very beautiful to watch.
In Shaolin Wahnam we practice Tai Chi Chuan as a complete internal martial art which it was originally developed to be. All our training is a unity of form, internal force and meditation and applicable in combat and daily life.
Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit has direct linage back to the Shaolin Temple and has reignited Tai Chi Chuan to its original state by teaching Tai Chi Chuan as a martial art integrating kung fu form, energy training of chi kung and spiritual training of meditation into one. We in Shaolin Wahnam are very lucky to practice Tai Chi Chuan like this and the benefits are wonderful.
In the 13 century, a great Shaolin Kung Fu master named Zhang San Feng left the Shaolin Temple to train on Wudang mountain to further his development in Shaolin Kung Fu.
Zang san Feng for the first time in history integrated the physical form of kung fu, with the internal force training of chi kung and the spiritual training of sitting meditation into one unity which was known as Wudang Shaolin Kung Fu. Wudang Shaolin Kung Fu was later known as Tai Chi Chuan and passed down for centuries to deserving disciples.
Shaolin Wahnam was founded by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit to spread the wonderful arts of Shaolin Kung Fu, Tai Chi Chuan, Chi Kung and Zen to deserving disciples all over the world. Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit has direct linage back to the Shaolin Temple in China.
The Ten Shaolin Laws
As a requirement to train Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan all students must agree to follow the Ten Shaolin Laws as best they can. The Ten Shaolin Laws are good guidelines to live a rewarding and meaningful life:
- Required to respect the master, honour the Moral Way and love fellow disciples as brothers and sisters.
- Required to train the Shaolin arts diligently, and as a pre-requisite, to be physically and mentally healthy.
- Required to be filial to parents, be respectful to the elderly, and protective of the young.
- Required to uphold righteousness, and to be both wise and courageous.
- Forbidden to be ungrateful and unscrupulous, ignoring the Laws of man and heaven.
- Forbidden to rape, molest, do evil, steal, rob, abduct or cheat.
- Forbidden to associate with wicked people; forbidden to do any sorts of wickedness.
- Forbidden to abuse power, be it official or physical; forbidden to oppress the good and bully the kind.
- Obliged to be humane, compassionate and spread love, and to realize everlasting peace and happiness for all people.
- Obliged to be chivalrous and generous, to nurture talents and pass on the Shaolin arts to deserving disciples.
Indoor classes are postponed due to the current situation. Sifu Dominic is offering online classes over Google Meet.
Please see course page for details. https://taichimartialart.ie/courses/